I LOVE my slow cooker. I can put all of my ingredients in 1 pot, turn it on, go to work and come home to a delicious dinner. Slow cooking is great on the tummy as well; the long cook time means less work for your digestive system. There are so many variations of flavors you can use, so experiment to find your favorites. This recipe is one of my favorites.
- Beef checks – large enough to serve your family
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 pumpkin, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 tin of tomato’s (make sure there are no nasties added) or I like to use my homemade bone broth
- salt and pepper to season
- Add butter to crock pot or slow cooker
- Sauté onion
- Add meat and vegetables
- Add tinned tomato’s or broth
- Turn slow cooker to low, put on lid and allow to simmer all day
- Serve on mashed potato, cauliflower mash or cauliflower rice
Lyndal is a Functional Nutritionist and loves teaching people all about the right kinds of food to eat and digestive health. To find out more about here click here.